Spicy Enchilada Sauce
A quick & easy homemade spicy red enchilada sauce made with peanut oil, flour, water, and spices.
total time: 15 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- 3 TBSP peanut oil
- 3 TBSP flour
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Whisk the oil and flour together in a small saucepan over medium heat until well combined.
- Whisk in the chili powder, cumin, garlic, paprika, cayenne, and 1/4 tsp salt until well combined.
- Slowly whisk in the water and cook, stirring often, until the sauce just begins bubbling.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring often, until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Take sauce off the heat and season with salt & pepper if necessary.