Spinach, Mushroom and Ricotta Fettuccine with Lemon
An easy to make pasta dish made with spinach, mushrooms, and ricotta cheese finished with a zing of lemon zest.
total time: 30 minutes
recipe by: Rae
- 12 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP minced shallot
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 lb mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 5 oz fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and ground pepper
- lemon zest for garnish
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain the pasta reserving about 1/2 cup of the pasta water and set aside.
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven heat the oil, shallots, and garlic over medium heat. Stir until it becomes fragrant (try to avoid browning the garlic).
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the white wine and cook until it evaporates.
- Add the spinach and turn off the heat. Let sit 5 minutes.
- Stir in the ricotta cheese, red pepper flakes, and 1/2 tsp kosher salt.
- Add the pasta and stir together.
- Add enough pasta water to loosen the cheese and allow it to the coat the pasta. Season pasta with salt & pepper to taste.
- Put the pasta onto a serving dish and sprinkle the lemon zest on top.