Total Time: 35 minutes
- 4 thick-cut boneless pork chops (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 TBSP plus 1 TBSP olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 ounces blue cheese crumbles
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Pat the pork chops dry with paper towels. Using a sharp knife cut a deep pocket (without going all the way through the pork chop) in the thickest side of each pork chop. Drizzle the pork chops with 2 TBSP of olive oil and rub the oil all over the chops to coat. Generously season the pork chops all over with salt & pepper and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 TBSP of oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the spinach and 1/4 tsp salt to the hot oil and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 4 minutes. Stir in the garlic and crushed red pepper and cook for 1 more minute. Take the pan off the heat and stir in the blue cheese. Stuff the spinach mixture evenly into the pork chops and set aside.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat until very hot. Sear the pork chops for 2 minutes then flip and sear the other side for 1 minute. Arrange the lemon wedges in the pan with the pork chops and place the skillet in the oven. Bake until pork chops are cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Remove the pork chops from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.