Total Time: 30 minutes
- THE SALAD:
- 4 large eggs
- 6 thick slices pork side (pork belly)
- salt & pepper
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1 head iceberg lettuce - chopped
- 5 ounces baby spinach leaves - stems removed and chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes - chopped
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2 avocados - peeled, pitted and diced
- 4 green onions - thinly sliced
- RED WINE VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring water to a boil then cover the pan and remove from heat. Let eggs sit for 12 minutes. Rinse eggs under cold water then peel, chop, and set aside.
- Season the pork belly slices with salt & pepper then place in a large skillet. Cook pork over medium heat until browned and crispy. Drain pork slices on a paper towel then chop and set aside. Drain all but 1 TBSP of the fat from the pan.
- Generously season the chicken with salt & pepper then place in the pan with the bacon fat over medium heat. Cover the pan and cook the chicken until browned on both sides and cooked through (165°F), 5 to 7 minutes per side depending on the thickness of your chicken breast. Set the cooked chicken on the cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes before chopping.
- Add the RED WINE VINAIGRETTE ingredients to a jar with a lid and shake vigorously until well combined. Set aside.
- Add the lettuce and spinach to a large mixing bowl and toss to combine. Portion the lettuce mix evenly between 4 bowls.
- Dice the chicken and evenly divide and arrange the chicken, eggs, tomatoes, blue cheese, pork, avocado, and green onions in a row on top of the lettuce mix.
- Drizzle salads with the vinaigrette dressing.