Vegetable Orzo Soup
A simple vegetable soup made with onions, celery, carrots, spinach, and orzo pasta.
total time: 30 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 ribs of celery, diced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- salt & pepper
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- 8 ounces freshly chopped baby spinach
- 3 TBSP freshly chopped parsley
- 1 TBSP freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Heat the oil in a dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, celery, onion, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Pour in the vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the orzo and chopped spinach. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until orzo is tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Take off the heat and stir in the lemon juice and fresh parsley. Season with salt & pepper to taste.