Whole Wheat Poppy Seed Crackers
total time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 TBSP olive oil plus a little extra
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together the flour, water, and 1 TBSP of oil until well combined and a shaggy dough is formed.
- Lay out a piece of parchment paper approximately 15x10-inches and brush the top side with a little olive oil.
- Roll the dough into a ball then lay the dough in the center of the parchment paper and press flat using your hands.
- Rub a little live oil on a rolling pin then to roll the dough out into a very thin rectangle a little large than the size of the parchment paper. Cut off and discard any excess dough that overhangs from the edges of the parchment paper.
- In a small bowl mix together the salt and poppy seeds then sprinkle evenly on top of the dough. Gently roll the dough a couple more times to help the seeds adhere to the dough.
- Use a fork to poke holes all over the dough then use a butter knife or pizza cutter to gently score the dough into square or rectangle shapes.
- Transfer the dough and parchment paper to a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Take the crackers out of the oven and allow to completely cool before serving or storing.