Yogurt Soda Bread
A hearty and easy to make soda bread made with Greek yogurt and a mix of whole wheat flour and all-purpose flour.
total time: 1 hour 10 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour plus a little extra
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 12 ounces plain full-fat Greek yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl mix together the flours, salt, and baking soda.
- Stir in the the yogurt until well combined and a shaggy dough is formed.
- Sprinkle a little flour onto a baking sheet.
- Knead the dough with your hands until you can form it into a roughly shaped ball then place the dough ball on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes.
- Take out of the oven then transfer the bread to a cooling rack and allow to cool for about 30 minutes.
irish recipesyogurt recipessoda recipesbread recipeseasy recipesvegetarian recipes