Total Time: 2 hours
- 6 small Yukon gold potatoes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- pinch thyme
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 2 oz Italian sausage
- 1 oz frozen chopped spinach
- 1 tsp mascarpone cheese
- salt & pepper
- 1 tsp mascarpone
- Toss the potatoes in the herbs and seasoning with the olive oil.
- Bake at 400 degrees F in a small ceramic dish for 1 hour or until fully cooked.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Brown the sausage in a pan and add the spinach, cook until all moisture is cooked out. Set aside.
- Trim the tops off of each potato and scoop out (and save) the insides, leaving a thin wall of potato inside the skin for stability.
- Mash the potato that you just pulled out and add the sausage, spinach, mascarpone and season with a little salt & pepper. Do not go too heavy on the seasoning- the skins are heavily seasoned.
- Fill the potatoes with the mixture and overfill until all the mix is gone. Tap down on the mix so it doesnt fall off.
- Cook until hot (165 degrees F) all the way through. About 20-30 minutes at 400 degrees F should do it.
- Top with a dollop of mascarpone.