Andouille Sausage and Kale Soup
total time: 20 minutes active 45 minutes cooking
recipe by: Rae
- 12 oz Andouille Sausage, diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 TBSP oil
- 2 serrano peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red peppers, diced
- 1/4 cup yellow peppers, diced
- 1/4 cup orange peppers, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 bunch kale, destemmed and torn into 1 inch pieces
- 2 TBSP granulated garlic
- 1/2 cup Bomba rice
- 12 cups chicken or veggie broth
- Heat a dutch oven over medium high heat and brown the sausage in the oil.
- Add all of the vegetables and cook, stirring often for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the granulated garlic and rice and cook 2 minutes more.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook 45 minutes.
spicy & delicious
Even better the next day