Chicken Enchilada Pizza
total time: 1 hour
recipe by: Frankie
- for the dough:
- 1 packet active dry yeast(1/4 oz or 2 1/4 tsp)
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 TBSP honey
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 TBSP cooking oil plus a little extra
- 1 tsp salt
- for the enchilada sauce:
- 1/2 TBSP cumin
- 1 TBSP chili powder
- 1/2 TBSP garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3 TBSP flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 TBSP vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- for the toppings:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 8 oz Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup sliced jalapenos
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- FOR THE DOUGH:
- In a stand mixer or large bowl mix the yeast, honey and water. Let stand 10 minutes or until it begins foaming.
- Add the 1 TBSP oil, salt and flour and mix until well combined and dough pulls away from sides of bowl.
- Use a little oil to lightly cover sides and bottom of a separate large bowl.
- Knead the dough 10 minutes by hand or about 5 minutes using a stand mixer with a dough hook.
- Form the dough in a ball and place in the oiled bowl. Cover and put in a warm place to rise.
- Let dough rest 30 minutes.
- FOR THE ENCHILADA SAUCE:
- Heat the oil in a medium size sauce pan over medium heat. Stir in the flour and spices and cook while stirring until no white flour remains, about 1 minute.
- Slowly pour in the chicken broth while whisking. Bring to a boil the reduce heat to low and stir until well combined and thickened.
- Turn off heat and set sauce aside.
- FOR THE REST OF THE PIZZA:
- Boil the chicken in a pot over medium-high heat covered until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Set chicken aside and let cool.
- When cool shred the chicken and mix it in with the enchilada sauce, stir in the onions.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Lightly oil a large pizza pan.
- Roll out dough and place on the oiled pizza pan. Spread the chicken sauce mix evenly on the dough. Sprinkle on the shredded cheese and top with the jalapenos.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 16 to 18 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Drizzle sour cream on top, slice and serve.