Easy Vegetable Noodle Soup
Fresh vegetables, garlic, and spices simmered together then finished with egg noodles, fresh lemon, and parsley.
total time: 45 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 ribs of celery, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt & pepper
- 5 cups water
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 2 TBSP freshly chopped parsley
- Heat the oil in a dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, carrots, and celery to the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until veggies begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for a few seconds until garlic is fragrant. Add the water, thyme, bay leaf, 1 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Take the lid off the dutch oven and return the soup to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the noodles, place the lid back on the dutch oven and reduce the heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Stir in the lemon juice and fresh parsley, taste and season with additional salt & pepper if necessary.