For the chicken:
3 TBSP oil
4 chicken breasts, pounded to a 1/4 inch thickness
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 cup flour
For the sauce:
1 cup red peppers, cut 1 inch x 1/2 inch
1 cup yellow peppers, cut 1 inch x 1/2 inch
1 cup yellow onion, cut 1 inch x 1/2 inch
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp Hungarian paprika
1 TBSP tomato paste
1 TBSP flour
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
This sauce can be served with chicken, pork chops, schnitzels; it has many applications be cause it's so delicious.
Total Time: 30 minutes
1. Mix the salt, pepper and paprika together in a small bowl. Season each chicken cutlet with the seasoning mix and then dredge in the flour.
2. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat add 1 TBSP oil and saute one chicken cutlet for 2 minutes per side and until fully cooked. Place in a pie plate and set in the oven to stay warm and repeat with the remaining 3 cutlets, adding more oil as needed.
3. For the sauce: Saute the onions and peppers in the same pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes, add the garlic and saute for 2 more minutes.
4. Add the paprikas and cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes. Turn down heat if needed.
5. Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
6. Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
7. Add the chicken broth and stir together. Simmer for about 20 minutes. Taste and season if needed.
8. Serve the sauce over the chicken.