Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3/4 cup unsalted vegetable stock
- 12 ounces fresh broccoli florets, cut into 1/2-in. pieces
- 1 cup raw brown rice, prepare with water according to package instructions
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack Cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 15 thin slices white cheddar
- Sliced green onions (optional)
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high. Add onion and garlic; sautÃ© 4 minutes.
- Add stock and broccoli. Bring to a boil; cook 3 minutes.
- 3. COMBINE BROCCOLI MIXTURE, RICE, PANKO, PEPPER, SALT, AND THE MONTEREY JACK CHEESE IN A LARGE BOWL. STIR IN EGGS.
- Divide and shape broccoli mixture into 15 (2 1/2-inch) patties. Arrange patties on a baking sheet pan.
- Bake at 450°F for 15 minutes. Top with 1 slice of cheddar cheese each, and bake at 450°F for 4 more minutes or until cheese melts.
- 6.Garnish with green onions, if desired