Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Garlic Bread
French bread filled with cheesy buffalo chicken dip and basted with seasoned garlic butter.
total time: 1 hour
recipe by: Rae
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped very small
- 1 loaf French bread
- Seasoned Butter:
- 4 TBSP unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp dried basil
- 1/8 tsp dried dill
- 1/8 tsp dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp dry mustard
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil over medium-high heat. When the water begins to boil add the chicken and boil until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and roughly chop into small pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together the cream cheese, chicken, hot sauce, mozzarella, cheddar, green onions, and celery until well-combined.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Cut the baguette into 4 roughly equal-sized segments. Hollow out the center of the bread leaving roughly a 1/2 inch edge.
- Stuff the baguette quarters with the buffalo chicken dip, using a spoon to help pack the dip.
- Once the bread is stuffed, transfer it to a cutting board. Line up the quarters so that they fit together as they did before the baguette was cut. Slice the baguette into slices 2 inches thick.
- Tear a piece of heavy duty foil that is about 5-6 inches longer than the baguette. Slide the baguette slices off of the cutting board and onto the foil, keeping them together.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter and seasonings.
- Brush the Seasoned Butter over the baguette, allowing some to drip down between the slices.
- Wrap the foil around the bread and bake for 15 minutes.
- Unwrap the bread and bake for 5 more minutes, or until the top browns slightly.