Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 2/3 cup warm whole milk
- 1 packet (2 1/4 tsp) active dry yeast
- 2 cups all-purpose flour plus extra
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 TBSP unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- In a large mixing bowl stir together the milk and yeast until well combined. Stir in the flour and salt and continue to stir until a dough is formed and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Knead the dough by hand while in the bowl for about 5 minutes.
- Form the dough into a smooth bowl and place into a separate large clean bowl. Drizzle the oil on the dough ball and flip around a couple times to coat the dough in the oil. Loosely cover the bowl and set aside in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F. Lightly sprinkle a baking sheet with flour and set aside.
- Punch down the dough and stretch into a rectangle roughly 5x10 inches and about 1/2-inch thick and place on the floured baking sheet. Bake the dough in the preheated oven until for 10 minutes.
- Take the dough out of the oven. In a small bowl mix together the butter and garlic powder and spread it evenly on top of the dough. Sprinkle the Parmesan evenly all over the top then sprinkle on the parsley. Return to the oven and bake about 7 more minutes or until cheese just begins to brown.
- Take the bread out of the oven and transfer to a cutting board. Cut the bread into strips roughly 1-inch wide.