Gruyere and Herb Polenta
Yellow cornmeal, milk, herbs, butter, and freshly grated Gruyere cheese make up this creamy polenta.
total time: 25 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- 3 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 tsp dried thyme
- 3/4 tsp dried parsley
- 3/4 tsp dried rosemary
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup freshly grated Gruyere cheese
- 4 TBSP unsalted butter
- Stir together the milk, water, thyme, parsley, rosemary, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp black pepper in a medium-size saucpean over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, until liquid just begins to slightly boil.
- Reduce the heat to low then slowly pour in the cornmeal, just a little bit at a time (to keep from clumping), until fully incorporated.
- Continue to stir until the cornmeal thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Take the pan off the heat and stir in the Gruyere and butter until melted.
- Taste and season with additional salt & pepper if needed.
gruyere recipesherb recipespolenta recipes30-minutes-or-less recipesglutenfree recipesitalian recipessides recipes