How to Peel Fresh Tomatoes
How to easily peel the skins off of fresh ripe tomatoes.
total time: 15 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- 2 pounds fresh ripe tomatoes
- Use a sharp knife to cut a shallow X mark on the bottom (the opposite side of where the stem would be) of each tomato.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add the tomatoes to the boiling water and boil for 1 minute then use a slotted spoon to transfer the tomatoes to a large bowl of ice water.
- When the tomatoes are cool enough to handle peel off the skins, the skins should peel off easily starting from where you cut the X mark.
peel recipesfresh recipespeeled recipestomatoes recipes30-minutes-or-less recipesdairyfree recipeseasy recipesglutenfree recipesvegan recipesvegetarian recipes