Kale and Garbanzo Bean Salad
A bean and vegetable salad with fresh dill and white balsamic vinaigrette.
total time: 20 minutes
recipe by: Rae
- 1/4 cup dried garbanzo beans
- 1 cup sliced tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced orange bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh banana pepper
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 2 TBSP roughly chopped fresh dill, plus a few sprigs left whole for garnishing
- 2 TBSP white balsamic vinegar
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Put the garbanzo beans into a 2 quart pot and cover with cups of water. Bring to a boil over high heat and then lower the temperature to low and simmer until tender, about 45-60 minutes. Drain well and cool.
- In a bowl mix together the cooled beans, tomatoes, orange and banana peppers, kale, dill, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. Toss with tongs until well combined.
- Add the feta and toss again.
- Place in a serving bowl. Garnish with a few sprigs of dill.
kale recipesgarbanzo recipesbean recipessalad recipes30-minutes-or-less recipeseasy recipesglutenfree recipesvegetable recipessalads recipesmain_dishes recipeschickpeas recipes