Oven Baked French Fries
Thin cut russet potatoes baked until crispy on the outside and fluffy in the center.
total time: 2 hours 45 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- 1 pound russet potatoes
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Scrub the potatoes then cut them into long sticks roughly 1/4-inch by 1/4-inch thick.
- Place the potato sticks into a large bowl and cover with cold water until all the potatoes are completely submerged. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Take the potatoes out of the refrigerator. Drain the potatoes then rinse under cold water. Dry the potatoes as best as possible using paper towels.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the potatoes in a large mixing bowl and drizzle the oil over top. Gently toss the potatoes to coat in the oil.
- Lay the potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Take the potatoes out of the oven and use a spatula to gently flip them over. Return the potatoes to the oven and bake until lightly browned and crispy, 20 to 25 more minutes.
- Season fries with salt & pepper to taste.