Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into roughly 1-inch pieces
- 3 ounces pork belly, diced
- 1/2 TBSP unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- salt & pepper
- Bring 6 cups of water and 1/4 tsp salt to a boil in a dutch oven over high heat. When water boils add the green beans and cook for 3 minutes. Transfer the green beans to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process and set aside.
- Discard any water from the dutch oven and add the pork belly and butter over medium heat. Cook the pork until it starts to crisp up, about 6 minutes.
- Add the onion to the dutch oven and stir. Cook the onion until it begins to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 5 seconds. Drain the beans and add to the dutch oven along with the tomato, jalapeno, smoked paprika, and 1/4 tsp salt. Stir to combine and cook, stirring occasionally, until beans are tender, about 5 more minutes. Season with salt & pepper to taste.