Chicken Puttanesca Pizza
Chicken, tomato, olives, and capers spread on a homemade pizza crust and topped with mozzarella cheese.
total time: 2 hours
recipe by: Frankie
- THE DOUGH:
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 packet active dry yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 TBSP plus 1 tsp olive oil
- THE TOPPINGS:
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus a little extra
- 14-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 TBSP chopped capers
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- In a large bowl or bowl of a stand mixer pour in the warm water then sprinkle in the yeast. Add the flour, salt, and 2 TBSP of the oil, mix until well combined and dough pulls away from sides of bowl.
- Knead the dough 10 minutes by hand or about 5 minutes using a stand mixer with a dough hook.
- Form the dough into a ball and place in a large bowl with the remaining 1 tsp of olive oil. Flip the dough ball around to cover in the oil then loosely cover the dough and put in a warm place to rise for about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Lightly oil a large 16-inch pizza pan or a baking sheet and set aside.
- Heat the 1/4 cup of oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the chicken to the hot oil and cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, olives, garlic, capers, oregano, crushed red pepper, and salt to the pan and stir to combine. Cook until heated through and most of the liquid from the pan has evaporated, about 5 minutes. Take the pan off the heat and set aside.
- Punch down the dough then stretch it to fit on your oiled pizza pan. Spread the chicken and tomato mixture evenly on top of the dough then sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake the pizza in the preheated oven for 15 to 17 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
chicken recipesputtanesca recipespizza recipespoultry recipesitalian recipesmain_dishes recipesthighs recipes