Total Time: 5 hours
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 pounds roma tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 TBSP dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 24 ounces cottage cheese
- 1 ounce freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup water
- Cook the pork in a dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat while breaking it up until browned, about 6 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and stir in the tomatoes, basil, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to break up the tomatoes as it simmers, about 5 minutes.
- Brush the inside of a 6-quart crock-pot with the olive oil then spread a small amount of the sauce on the bottom of the crock-pot, just enough to very lightly cover the bottom.
- Take 3 uncooked noodles and lay them into the dutch oven to cover the bottom of the crock-pot (you may have to break them up a bit to fit). Spread 1/3 of the sauce on top of the noodles then sprinkle 1/3 of the mozzarella on top of the sauce then spread on 1/2 of the cottage cheese.
- Top with 3 more noodles then half the remaining sauce then half the remaining mozzarella then the rest of the cottage cheese.
- Add the remaining 3 noodles then the remaining sauce and then the remaining mozzarella then sprinkle the Parmesan on top.
- Pour the 1 cup of water into the crock-pot along the sides.
- Cover the crock-pot and cook on LOW for 4 hours or until noodles are tender.
- Turn off the crock-pot, remove the lid and allow to cool for 20 minutes before serving.