Easy Cheesy Egg Noodles
total time: 20 minutes
- 12 ounces egg noodles
- 2 TBSP unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- salt & pepper
- Cook the noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the heavy cream and cook, stirring often, until just before it begins to boil.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in the cheese a little bit at a time until all the cheese is melted and combined with the heavy cream.
- Take the pan off the heat and stir the sauce with the cooked noodles, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp pepper until combined.
- Taste and season with additional salt & pepper if necessary.