Total Time: 20 minutes prep, 1 hour 10 minutes cooking
- 1 TBSP oil
- 3/4 lb turkey sausage
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- dash pepper
- pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp parsley, chopped
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 lb potatoes, shredded
- 4 oz Vermont cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 TBSP butter
- Put the oil into a 12 inch pan and crumble the sausage into the pan. Brown the sausage over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, peppers and onions and cook 3-5 minutes over medium until tender. Turn off heat and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl whisk together the pepper, salt, baking powder, yogurt, eggs and milk.
- Add the potatoes, cheese and cooled sausage mixture and stir together.
- Butter a 9 x 13 glass dish and pour the ingredients into it.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 12 hours.
- Place casserole in the oven and turn the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake, covered, 1 hour and ten minutes. Allow to rest 10 minutes then enjoy.