Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 TBSP peanut oil
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 3 large garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 TBSP soy sauce
- 2 TBSP water
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot tilt the pan around to coat in the oil. Add the brussels sprouts to the pan and cook, stirring often, until they begin to brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook while stirring for about 30 seconds.
- Add the soy sauce and water to the pan and continue to cook the brussels sprouts, stirring often, until most of the liquid in the pan has evaporated, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the freshly ground pepper to the pan and stir to combine with the brussels sprouts. Cook, stirring often, about 1 more minute.