Mushroom Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
A roasted pork tenderloin stuffed with a mushroom, shallot, and garlic stuffing.
total time: 1 hour
recipe by: Rae
- 3 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, chopped
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped (about 1 TBSP)
- 1 shallot, minced (about 2 TBSP)
- 1 TBSP whole wheat flour
- 1 TBSP parsley
- pork tenderloin ( 1 to 1 1/2 pounds), trimmed
- Heat 2 TBSP of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and a dash of pepper; cook until the mushrooms are soft, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and shallot and cook 1 minute. Stir in the flour and the parsley and cook for 2-3 minutes. Let cool.
- Butterfly the pork: Make a 1-inch deep incision down the length of the tenderloin; do not cut all the way through. Open the meat like a book so the tenderloin lays flat. Pound the pork until it is evenly about 1/2-inch thick.
- Spread the mushroom mixture over the tenderloin.
- Starting with a long side, tightly roll up the tenderloin. Brush with the remaining TBSP of olive oil and sprinkle with the 1/2 tsp salt and dash of pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Roast the pork on a baking rack over a baking sheet for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the center of the pork registers 140 degrees F, Transfer to a cutting board to rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Slice the tenderloin into 1-inch thick slices and serve.