Cheeseburger Egg Rolls
Everything you love about a cheeseburger rolled up in an egg roll and pan fried.
total time: 30 minutes
recipe by: Rae
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- pinch pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped pickles
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- Brown the beef in a skillet over medium heat with the salt and pepper. Transfer to a mixing bowl and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Mix the onion, pickles, and cheese in the bowl with the ground beef.
- Lay out the egg roll wrappers and divide the filling evenly among them. Roll the wrappers up tightly (Follow the instructions on the back of the egg roll wrappers).
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until almost smoking.
- Add the egg rolls to the pan in batches (dont overcrowd the pan), turning them often to cook evenly on all sides without burning. This may take 30 seconds to 1 minute per side. The egg rolls should bubble and turn a golden brown. Drain on paper towels and continue with the rest of egg rolls until they are all cooked.
- Serve with the mayo, mustard, and ketchup on the side.