Creamy Celery and Potato Soup
A simple cream based soup made with celery, potato, and onion.
total time: 45 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 pounds celery, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups water
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- optional: croutons for topping
- Heat the oil in a dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes.
- Add the celery, potato, and garlic. Cook while stirring for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the water, 1 tsp salt, and 1 tsp pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until potatoes and celery are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Take the soup off the heat and use an immersion blender (or a stand blender in batches) to puree the soup until smooth.
- Place the soup back on the stove over medium-low heat. Slowly stir in the heavy cream then continue to cook, stirring often, until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Season soup with additional salt & pepper to taste.