Total Time: 5 hours, 30 minutes
- 1 pound flank steak
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 TBSP granulated garlic powder
- 1 TBSP cumin powder
- 1 TBSP chili powder
- 1 TBSP kosher salt
- 1 tsp granulated onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 TBSP raw honey
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- MARINATED ONIONS:
- 1 cup sliced white onion
- 1 TBSP rough chopped cilantro
- 1 TBSP lime juice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade together in a bowl. Pour the marinade over the steak and cover. Marinate the steak in the refrigerator for about 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Heat the broiler on HIGH and position the rack to the highest slot. Line a baking sheet with foil place the steak on top and cook for 4 minutes on one side and then turn over and cook for 4 to 5 more minutes on the other side. Remove from pan and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- While the steak rests warm your tortillas and make the marinated onions: combine the onions in a small bowl with the cilantro, lime juice, salt, and oil place in serving bowl and set to the side.
- Thinly slice the steak against the grain. Serve the steak on tortillas with the marinated onions.