No-Flour Skillet Cornbread
A gluten-free cornbread made up of cornmeal, yogurt, eggs, and butter baked in a cast-iron skillet.
total time: 40 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups plain yogurt
- 4 TBSP unsalted butter, melted
- 1 TBSP cold unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together the cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well combined.
- Stir the eggs, yogurt, and melted butter in with the cornmeal mixture until well combined.
- Melt the cold butter in a 12-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Tilt the pan to coat the bottom evenly with the melted butter.
- When the cold butter has melted scrape the cornmeal batter into the pan with a rubber spatula and even it out in the pan.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake until browned on top, about 25 minutes.