Bucatini pasta tossed with pork, San Marzano tomatoes, crushed red pepper, and Pecorino cheese. Traditionally this dish is made with guanciale (pig cheek), but this version uses pork belly instead.
total time: 45 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 pound diced pork belly
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- salt & freshly ground pepper
- 28-ounce can San Marzano tomatoes
- 1 pound bucatini pasta
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese
- Add the oil and pork to a dutch oven over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes or until pork is crispy.
- Add the red pepper flakes, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper and stir to combine. Add the tomatoes and break them up using a spatula. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low. Simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, while you make the pasta.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook your pasta about a minute shy of al dente according to package directions. Drain the pasta reserving a 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
- Take the sauce off the heat and stir in the pasta and cheese. Add the reserved pasta water a little at a time until desired consistency. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
pasta recipesall'amatriciana recipeseasy recipesspicy recipespork recipesitalian recipesmain_dishes recipesbelly recipes