Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 pound diced pork belly
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- salt & freshly ground pepper
- 28-ounce can San Marzano tomatoes
- 1 pound bucatini pasta
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese
- Add the oil and pork to a dutch oven over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes or until pork is crispy.
- Add the red pepper flakes, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper and stir to combine. Add the tomatoes and break them up using a spatula. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low. Simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, while you make the pasta.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook your pasta about a minute shy of al dente according to package directions. Drain the pasta reserving a 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
- Take the sauce off the heat and stir in the pasta and cheese. Add the reserved pasta water a little at a time until desired consistency. Season with salt & pepper to taste.