Chicken Thigh Marsala
total time: 1 hour
recipe by: Rae
- 2 TBSP oil
- 2 pounds chicken thighs, skin on, bone in
- 1 shallot, minced
- 8 oz mushrooms, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 package gelatin
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 TBSP cornstarch
- 2 TBSP cold water
- salt & pepper
- 2 TBSP Chives, snipped
- Heat a 12 inch skillet over high heat and add 1TBSP of oil. Place half the thighs in skin side down and cook until well browned. turn over and cook on the other side. Take the thigh out of the pan and place in a baking dish. Repeat with remaining oil and thighs. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Once all thighs are browned and placed in the baking dish (skin side up) bake in the 400 degree oven for 30 minutes or until an internal temperature of 165 degrees has been reached.
- In the meantime heat the same skillet over medium high and saute the shallot for about 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and stir and cook til slightly golden and softened.
- Add the wine and and allow to reduce until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Put the 1/4 cup cold water in a small dish and pour the gelatin over and let sit 5 minutes.
- Once the wine has evaporated add the gelatin mixture and chicken stock to the pan. Bring to a boil and reduce by a 1/3.
- In another small dish combine the remaining cold water and cornstarch. Bring the sauce to a boil and whisk in the cornstarch mixture. Turn to medium and let simmer 5 minutes.
- Add the chives and taste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the thighs with the sauce.