Chickpea Curry Burgers
A curry veggie burger made with chickpeas and served with Sriracha mayonnaise.
total time: 1 hour 30 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- 15-ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 rib of celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp yellow curry powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 TBSP sriracha
- 4 TBSP mayonnaise
- sliced pickles
- 4 lightly toasted burger buns
- Add the chickpeas, carrot, and celery to a food processor and pulse a few times until everything is diced up and well combined.
- Scrape the chickpea mixture into a bowl and mix in the flour, egg, garlic, curry, and salt until well combined. Form the mixture into 4 equal size patties about the size of your burger buns. Cover the patties and refrigerate for 1 hour to allow flavors to meld.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Cook the burgers (you may have to cook the burgers in batches depending on the size of your pan) until lightly browned, about 6 minutes per side.
- Mix the sriracha and mayo together in a small bowl. Serve the burgers on the hamburger buns with the sriracha mayo and sliced pickles.