Easy Broccoli Tots
A healthier and easier to make version of the tater tot.
total time: 1 hour 30 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- 2 cups (about 1 lb) fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and brush with the oil.
- Add the broccoli florets to a food processor and pulse until very finely chopped.
- Transfer broccoli to a large mixing bowl along with all the remaining ingredients. Mix well to combine.
- Using your hands, take about 1 1/2 TBSP of the broccoli mixture at a time and squeeze it to release any excess moisture then form rectangles about 1 1/2 inches long by 1 inch wide and place them spread out on the lined baking sheet. You should end up with roughly 16 tots.
- Place the tots in the refrigerator, uncovered, for about 1 hour to allow them to dry out a bit.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Remove tots from the fridge and allow to sit out at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
- Bake the tots in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until well browned, flipping them over halfway through.
- Allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.