Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- salt & pepper
- 4 ounces pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 12 hard or soft taco shells
- optional toppings: diced tomatoes, sliced jalapenos, sour cream, etc
- In a large pan over medium heat cook the onion and pork until no pink remains, 5 to 7 minutes, breaking up the pork as it cooks.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the water, chili powder, cumin, cayenne and 1/2 tsp of salt. Scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon or spatula to release and stuck on bits and cook 5 to 10 more minutes or until liquid has evaporated. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if necessary.
- Warm your taco shells and fill with the pork mixture, top with cheese, lettuce, and any other toppings.