Homemade Egg Roll Wrappers
6x6-inch Chinese egg roll wrappers made with flour, egg, water, and salt.
total time: 30 minutes
recipe by: rosbough
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup cold water plus extra
- Add the flour, egg, salt, and 1/3 cup of water to a mixing bowl and stir together until a dough is formed, add a tablespoon of water at a time if the dough is too dry.
- Knead the dough by hand on a lightly floured surface for about 5 minutes.
- Let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Knead the dough for 1 more minute then roll the dough out into a large thin rectangle 18x24-inch.
- Cut the dough into 6x6-inch squares.
- Generously sprinkle cornstarch on one of the dough squares then stack the remaining dough squares on top of each making sure to generously sprinkle cornstarch between each one.
- Use the wrappers immediately or cover and store in the refrigerator for 3 days or freezer for 3 months (allow the wrappers to sit out until they reach room temperature before using).