Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 TBSP unsalted butter
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese plus extra for serving
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta
- Add the peas, garlic, butter, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp pepper to a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, until peas are heated through and butter is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked peas, Parmesan, and parsley to a food processor or blender and pulse until a paste is formed. Scrape the mixture into a large bowl and stir in the olive oil until thoroughly combined. Taste and season the pesto sauce with salt & pepper if necessary. Set pesto sauce aside.
- Cook your pasta al dente according to package directions. Drain the pasta reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Add the cooked pasta to the bowl with the pesto and toss to coat the pasta. Add the reserved pasta water a little bit at a time until the sauce reaches your desired consistency.
- Serve pasta topped with a little extra freshly grated Parmesan.