Cheesy Homemade Focaccia Bread Pizza
Rosemary and garlic Focaccia crust topped with mozzarella & parmesan cheeses.
total time: 3 hours
recipe by: Frankie
- 1/4 oz package active dry yeast
- 1 TBSP honey
- 1 1/3 cups warm water
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- Olive oil, about 3/4 cup total
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large mixing bowl combine the yeast, honey and warm water. Let rest 10 to 15 minutes or until foamy.
- Mix in the flour, salt and 2 TBSP of the olive oil. Mix in a stand mixer with a dough hook or knead by hand about 10 minutes, until dough is elastic and slightly tacky, add more flour a little at a time if dough is too sticky. Form dough into a ball.
- Coat a large bowl with 1 TBSP of the olive oil and place the dough ball in the bowl, flip the dough ball around to coat with the oil and then cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place, about 1 hour.
- Coat the bottom of a 11x17 inch rimmed baking sheet with a 1/4 cup of olive oil. Stretch out the dough to fit the sheet pan and make finger holes all over the dough. Cover with plastic wrap and set in a warm place to rise again, about 1 more hour.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Take the plastic wrap off the dough, sprinkle the garlic powder and rosemary on top of the dough and then brush on 1/4 cup more of olive oil. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle on the parmesan and mozzarella and bake until golden brown and crusty, about 5 to 10 more minutes.
pizza recipesitalian recipesvegetarian recipescheesy recipeshomemade recipesfocaccia recipesbread recipesmain_dishes recipes