Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast cutlets
- salt & pepper
- 2 TBSP olive oil, divided
- 1 pound mushrooms, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup sherry cooking wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel then generously season the chicken all over with salt & pepper. Heat 1 TBSP of the oil in a large cast-iron pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the hot pan and brown on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer browned chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Keep the pan over medium-high heat and add the remaining 1 TBSP of oil to the pan. Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir the garlic in with the mushrooms and cook until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Pour in the sherry and cook until liquid has almost evaporated, about 2 minutes. Stir in the heavy cream and reduce the heat to medium-low. Return the chicken to the pan and simmer the chicken in the cream sauce until cooked through, 4 to 5 more minutes. Season with salt & pepper to taste.