Deviled Egg Macaroni Salad
A macaroni pasta salad with hard-boiled eggs, mayonnaise, yellow mustard, and paprika.
total time: 1 hour 30 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- 8 ounces uncooked macaroni pasta
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp prepared yellow mustard
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions. Drain and rinse the macaroni under cold. Transfer the macaroni to a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Add the eggs to a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. When water begins to boil cover the pan and take off of the heat. Let the eggs sit in the pan while covered for 10 minutes.
- Rinse the cooked eggs under cold water then carefully peel off their shells.
- Slice the eggs in half and separate the yolks from the whites. Chop the egg whites and place them in the bowl with the pasta.
- Place the egg yolks in a separate bowl and mash them well with the back of a fork. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper to the yolks and stir until well combined.
- Add the egg yolk mixture to the bowl with the pasta and egg whites and stir until well combined. Taste and season with additional salt & pepper if necessary.
- Scrape the macaroni salad into a serving bowl and sprinkle the paprika on top. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.