Egg Zucchini Roll
A baked, rolled omelette filled with cheese and zucchini.
total time: 40 minutes
recipe by: Rae
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- dash pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 zucchini
- 4 oz shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1 TBSP unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 TBSP sliced chives
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line aa baking sheet with parchment paper crease down into the corners and allow it to overlap the sides of the baking sheet, set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk the eggs, kosher salt, pepper, and Parmesan.
- Grate the zucchini on the large hole part of the grater. Squeeze out as much liquid as you can out of the zucchini. Whisk the zucchini shreds in with the eggs.
- Pour the egg mixture into the prepared baking sheet and spread in a thin even layer covering the bottom of the sheet. Place in the oven for 20 minutes or until the eggs are set and solid through out.
- Remove from the oven and turn the oven off. Sprinkle the egg with the cheddar cheese.
- Carefully roll the egg over the cheese, peeling away the parchment paper as you go. Brush the roll with butter and sprinkle with chives then loosely cover with the parchment paper and place in the OFF oven. Allow the roll to sit in the oven until the cheese melts about 5-10 minutes.
- Slice the roll and enjoy.
OMG so good. White American Cheese is perfect in this omelet roll!