Fire Roasted Chili
total time: 8 hours
recipe by: Rae
- 1 lb ground beef
- 12 oz (lager or your favorite)beer, I used Bud Light
- 2 poblanos
- 2 jalapenos
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 T granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp cayenne, more if you like it SPICY
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 TBSP chili powder
- 2 cans fire roasted diced tomatoes, pulsed
- 2 cups beef broth
- 14 oz tomato puree
- 1/2 TBSP Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- Roast your poblanos and jalapenos over the open flame of your gas stove, on a grill or under the broiler. Peel off the charred skins and remove the seeds. (Rinse as little as possible to preserve flavor)Chop into medium dice.
- In the meantime brown the beef in a dutch oven over medium heat. Add the beer and allow to reduce til all liquid is evaporated.
- Add all the other items to the crockpot.
- Add the beery beef and the peppers.
- Cook on lowest setting all day, about 8 hours.
- Remove lid and bump up heat to the next highest setting for the last hour.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.