Fluffy Homemade Dinner Rolls
Soft and fluffy dinner rolls made from scratch.
total time: 2 hours 15 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- 1 cup warm whole milk
- 1 TBSP raw honey
- 3 cups bread flour plus a little extra
- 1 packet active dry yeast (about 2 tsp)
- 1 large egg
- 2 TBSP unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- MIx the milk, honey, and yeast together in a large mixing bowl with a wooden spoon or the bowl of a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment. Let sit for 5 minutes or until yeast begins to foam.
- Mix in the flour, salt, egg, and butter until thoroughly combined and a dough is formed that pulls away from the sides of the bowl, adding more flour if necessary (dough should be a little sticky but manageable).
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured work surface, or in the stand mixer, for 5 minutes. Form the dough into a smooth ball. Put the oil in a large bowl then add the dough ball and flip the dough around a couple times to coat in the oil. Loosely cover the bowl and let sit in a warm place to rise, about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough and separate into 12 balls roughly the same size. Place the dough balls in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet about 1-inch apart. Lightly dust the tops of the dough balls with flour and let rest for 30 more minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Bake the rolls in the preheated oven for 13 to 15 minutes or until browned on top.