Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 3 TBSP water
- 2 TBSP oil
- 1 lb cremini mushroom, sliced
- 6 cloves roasted garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- salt & pepper
- 5 oz baby spinach
- 2 TBSP unsalted butter
- 5 chives, snipped
- parmesan Cheese
- red pepper flakes
- Put both flours and the salt into the food processor fitted with the plastic blade. Pulse to combined.
- Add eggs, olive oil, and water and process until the mixture just starts to form a ball. Dump dough onto a floured surface and knead until it is firm and not sticky. Cover with a towel and let sit 1 hour.
- Separate your dough into 8 equal pieces. Follow your pasta machine directions and roll out and cut into fettuccine. Alternatively roll by hand and cut with a pizza wheel or knife.
- Allow the pasta to air dry for at least 15 minutes. Bring water to a boil in a large pot.
- While the water is coming to a boil start the mushrooms: Heat the 2 TBSP of oil in a dutch oven over high heat. Once the oil is very hot add the mushrooms, cook until shimmering (about 3 minutes) add the roasted garlic and stir.
- Lower the heat to medium and cook until all the liquid has evaporated. Add the wine and again cook until the liquid has evaporated. Season with salt and pepper and turn off the heat.
- Cook the pasta in 2 batches for 2-3 minutes each, until it floats. Drain well.
- Add the spinach to the mushroom pan and top with the pasta. Toss in the butter and stir together. Taste and season again if needed. Put in serving dish and sprinkle with chives.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes.