Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 12 ounces ground beef, 80/20
- 2 slices American cheese
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 hamburger buns
- optional toppings: lettuce, onion, mayo, mustard, etc.
- Mix the ground beef with the kosher salt then form into 4 equal size patties.
- Fold each slice of American cheese into quarters and stack in between two patties.
- Seal the edges of the patties together to ensure the cheese is well encased between the patties. Lightly press down on the patties and make sure theyre sealed well.
- Sprinkle both sides of the burgers with the garlic powder. Cover and refrigerate the burgers for 1 hour.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the burgers for about 5 minutes per side resisting the urge to press down on the burgers as they cook.
- Serve the burgers on buns with your toppings.