2 cups all-purpose flour
6 TBSP frozen unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 TBSP size chunks
1/4 cup cold cream cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup cold water
1 TBSP olive oil
1/2 lb sliced white mushrooms
1/2 lb sliced cremini mushrooms
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup crumbled smoked Gouda cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten
Total Time: 1 1/2 hours
1. In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, salt and pepper. Using your hands work in the butter and cream cheese until you have a crumbly mixture. Slowly pour in the cold water little by little until you have a workable dough that can be formed into a ball.
2. Form the dough into a disk shape about 1 inch thick, wrap it with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes up to 24 hours.
3. Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes or until mushrooms begin to release moisture. Stir in the garlic and salt and cook 30 more seconds. Take off the heat and set aside.
4. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
5. On a lightly oiled piece of parchment paper roll the dough out to a circle roughly 14 inches in diameter and place onto a baking sheet keeping the parchment paper under the dough.
6. Spread the ricotta on the dough leaving about a 2 inch border along the edge. Top the ricotta with the mushrooms. Fold the bare edges of the dough into the center overlapping as necessary. Brush the exposed edges of the crust with the egg and then sprinkle the Gouda cheese over the whole galette.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown.