Skillet Chicken Parmesan Pasta
A creamy stovetop pasta dish made up of boneless chicken breast, fresh tomatoes, rotini pasta, mozzarella, Parmesan, and Italian herbs & spices.
total time: 40 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 pound roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 TBSP cornstarch
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 8 ounces uncooked rotini pasta
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and tomatoes to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes begin to break down, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the cornstarch, garlic, oregano, parsley, basil, 1 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper until well combined.
- Stir in the water and bring to a boil.
- When the water begins to boil stir in the pasta and return to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Place a lid on the pan and simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Take the lid off the pan and continue to cook until most of liquid in the pan is gone, about 10 minutes.
- Take the pan off the heat and stir in the shredded mozzarella cheese until combined.
- Taste and season with additional salt & pepper if needed then sprinkle the freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top.