A Southern United States stew made up of pork shoulder, vegetables, lima beans, and spices slowly simmered on the stove.
total time: 3 hours
recipe by: Frankie
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper
- 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 TBSP unsalted butter
- 1 TBSP peanut oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 pound roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 8 ounces dried baby lima beans, thoroughly rinsed
- 6 ounces fresh corn kernels
- Mix the paprika, garlic, cayenne, and 1 tsp salt in a small bowl. Add the pork to a large mixing bowl and sprinkle the spice mix on top of the pork. Stir to coat all the pork pieces in the spices.
- Melt the butter with the oil in a dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook, stirring occasionally, until pork is browned, about 6 minutes.
- Add the onion and tomatoes to the dutch oven. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the vinegar, water, and lima beans and bring to a boil.
- Cover the dutch oven and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook while covered, stirring occasionally, until beans are tender, about 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Stir in the corn and cook for 1 more minute then season the stew with salt & pepper to taste.
brunswick recipesstew recipesglutenfree recipesone-pot recipeslegumes recipespork recipesshoulder recipesstews recipes