An easy and healthy Israeli Couscous Tabbouleh recipe
total time: 2 1/2 hours
recipe by: Frankie
- 1 cup pearl couscous
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley or 1 TBSP dried parsley
- 2 TBSP fresh chopped mint
- 3 TBSP lemon juice
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Add the couscous and broth in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring often, until most liquid is absorbed. Take off the heat, cover and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, and bell pepper. Stir in the couscous.
- In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice and oil and pour over the couscous mixture. Toss gently to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow flavors to meld.
- Stir in parsley and mint. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.