Korean Beef Bulgogi Tacos
Thinly sliced steak in a sweet, salty, and spicy marinade then stir-fried and served in flour tortillas with a quick pickled cabbage.
total time: 1 hour 30 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- 1 small pear
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 TBSP freshly minced ginger
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 TBSP soy sauce
- 3 TBSP sesame oil
- 1 1/2 pounds top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 20 mini street taco flour tortillas
- QUICK PICKLED CABBAGE:
- 1 head Napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 TBSP rice vinegar
- 1 medium garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp freshly minced ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Peel and seed the pear. Grate the pear on a box grater into a large bowl.
- Mix the onion, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, soy sauce, and sesame oil in with the pear until thoroughly combined.
- Add the sliced steak to the bowl and stir to combine then cover the bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Mix the QUICK PICKLED CABBAGE ingredients (cabbage, carrot, vinegar, garlic, ginger, salt, and pepper) together in a large bowl until thoroughly combined. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Take the steak out of the refrigerator and set aside.
- Heat a large wok or large pan over high heat. When the pan is hot add the steak and marinade to the pan and cook, stirring often, until the beef is cooked, about 8 minutes.
- Warm the tortillas then fill with the steak and top with the pickled cabbage.
korean recipesbeef recipesbulgogi recipestacos recipesdairyfree recipesspicy recipessteak recipesasian recipesmain_dishes recipes